Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Denim for Days


I enjoy looking at blog posts that give multiple ways to wear a look. Everyone talks about staple pieces and this is a way to prove how interchangeable an item really is.

The piece I picked to style 3 ways is not necessarily exciting, but it is a staple and one that should be considered versatile.

A denim shirt is both trendy, comfortable, and affordable. Those are the three characteristics I consider before purchasing anything. Shoes and comfort don't always go hand-in-hand, but beauty is pain right? Riiiight!


I recently purchased this denim button up from H&M online and I highly suggest you go get yourself one! 


 I wore this casual option to work yesterday and it helped me over my case of the Mondays. The cheery yellow skinnies and sassy leopard flats were easy to pair with the button up. This was the bag I found on Saturday at TJ Maxx. Such a great find!




This skirt is a recent find at H&M too and I love it and its $12.95 price tag. I think I can speak for us all when I say how happy it makes me that H&M has an online presence. The outfit below is probably my favorite out of all three.




Finally, the more dressy outfit that I still wanted to dress down. In the past I would throw a blazer over this dress, but denim allows for me to wear this dress to a more casual setting. Add a leopard print clutch and you have perfection (in my book). 




Never would I thought I would love denim this much! I may even attempt to rock the Canadian tuxedo, denim on denim. The Canadians are onto something. I can already picture so many more outfits this button up will work with. I may need to invest in a few more!

What's an item you love to mix multiple ways? Which outfit is your favorite?



Outfit 1: [Skinnies] [Flats, Forever 21-similar] [Bag, TJ Maxx-similar]
Outfit 2: [Skirt] [Heels] [Clutch, Coach (gift)-similar]
Outfit 3: [Dress, Forever 21-similar] [Clutch, Forever 21-similar] [Booties]
 
 
Linking up with Style Exilir for Style Sessions!
And Perfectly Coutured for Three-fer Thursday!

2 comments :

  1. Cute blog! Love the outfits. I especially love the post that showed me a $5 peplum top! Thanks!

    -Kelsey @ ijustliketheb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of chambray and love the ways you have styled your denim top! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete